On October 15th, as a result of improvements we've made to the components on our cargo bikes over the last year, we've decided to raise prices on all cargo bikes by $500.
Price Increase Announcement - 10/15/19
Making the Bunch Bike Even Better
We’ve recently made 6 upgrades to our cargo bikes in response to customer feedback. Although our costs increased to implement these improvements, the result is a higher-performing, higher-quality cargo bike. The new components are as follows:
1) Stronger Rims – To better support the weight of the bike under heavy loads, and accommodate wider tires, we've upgraded to stronger Samson DES25D double wall alloy rims.
2) Wider and More Puncture-Resistant Tires – We’ve upgraded our CST tires to be even more puncture-resistant by adding a layer of rubberized polyfiber material between the tread and the casing. The width has increased to beefy 20x2.125 tires in the front and a 24x1.9 rear tire. These extra-wide tires act as shock absorbers, making both kids and parents much more comfortable on bumpy roads.
3) Steering Dampers – We've added dual gas-spring steering dampers underneath the cargo box to increase the stability of the bike. This makes the bike safer, especially at high speeds.
4) 8-Speed Drivetrain – We recently upgraded the quality and gear range offered on our bikes. By moving from a 6-speed to an 8-speed, we’ve extended the low gears on our cargo bikes to make them easier to ride under heavy loads, up hills, or without electric assist. The Shimano Acera M3000 shifter and rear derailleur allow for quicker and easier shifts with great power transfer.
5) A 2nd locking bench – Our most requested feature from customers: we’ve replaced the front hinged bench with a 2nd removable, locking storage bench. This allows you to safely secure more of your belongings, and makes the bike more versatile and easier to adapt to whatever you need to haul!
6) Dual-Cable Brake Lever – We improved the performance of the bike’s front brakes by replacing the cable splitter device with a Promax BL-47 dual-cable brake lever. This reduces play in the brake cables, keeping your brakes pulling tight, and making them easier to maintain and keep in-tune.
At Bunch Bikes, our mission is to make quality cargo bikes as accessible as possible. By selling primarily direct to customer, we’ve been able to absorb cost increases in the past, keeping our price as competitive as possible. Even at at the new prices, we will still remain one of the best priced box-style cargo bikes on the market, and the best quality for price you can find in North America.
What are the new prices?
The prices for each of our cargo bikes is increasing by $500.
The Original - Standard - $2499
The Original - Electric - $3499
The Preschool - Electric - $3999
*Prices for The Swift are TBD when they are back in stock in 2020.
When will the changes go into effect?
The new prices will begin on Wednesday, October 15th. The last time to purchase a cargo bike at their current price is 11:59PM PST on Tuesday, October 14th.
Does this impact accessories or other products?
No, this price change only applies to our bikes. Prices of all accessories will not change.
If you have more questions, email email@example.com.